Conference Center Kloster Heiligkreuztal in Altheim-Heiligkreuztal
Founded by Cistercian nuns between Ulm and Lake Constance in 1227 and later Gothic in the 16th century, the complex is today the best preserved Cistercian monastery in Upper Swabia. The meeting and event area is housed in historic rooms. The refectory, the former dining room of the Cistercian nuns, equipped with a ribbed vault, is still being used as a dining room for conference and bussiness events. Both the dining room and the large meeting room, equipped with modern media technology, should now be acoustically upgraded. A challenge that should not be underestimated, because it was necessary to preserve the historical elements of the premises and yet define appropriate and effective measures to improve the room acoustics.